Application procedure for polish students

Polish students are recruited by recruitment system of the Koszalin University of Technology, available at: or

The required language competence level for candidates choosing to apply for degree courses conducted in English at the Technical University in Koszalin, should correspond to B2 level (Independent User),  according to Council of Europe’s Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.




Application procedure for foreign students

Full-time studies at the Koszalin University of Technology are free of charge for Polish students and foreigners who commence studies in Poland on terms applicable to Polish citizens. These include citizens of the EU/EEA and students from the third countries who hold the Card of the Pole (Karta Polaka). This requires a participation in the recruitment procedure.

All other foreigners are required to pay tuition fees no less than EUR 2000 per year for first cycle studies. For the first year 10% more. Students who do not fall under the rules applicable to Polish citizens are not obliged to compete with other students to enter studies, but have to pay fees as defined by Koszalin University of Technology. Foreigners with officially confirmed Polish descent are entitled to a 30% fee discount.



3 easy steps to apply:

1) You should complete required documents as follows:

  • secondary school certificate translated into Polish by a sworn translator
  • legalization of the certificates of secondary education (by a Polish consul in the country, where a document was issued. Go with the document to the Polish Consulate or Polish Embassy and ask about the procedure of the legalization),
  • nostrification of the certificates of secondary education by Education Office in Szczecin (Kuratorium Oświaty w Szczecinie) - information:
  • filled up application form (application form)
  • 4 passport-size photographs,
  • copy of candidate’s ID (passport),
  • medical certificate with no contraindication for studying, 
  • admission fee payment receipt (80 PLN - paid to the bank account: Bank Handlowy SA IBAN: PL 71 1030 1263 0000 0000 8949 9003, SWIFT:CITIPLPX, with a note: Materials Science and Engineering in English        
  • Certificate of Proficiency in English authenticated by a notary (recognized certificates) 

2) Send mentioned above documents to:

Koszalin University of Technology 

International Relations Office 

ul. Śniadeckich 2 

75-453 Koszalin 

Application dedline: September 25, 2014

3) You will get the confirmation that you will be admited to the Koszalin University of Technology and information about tuition fees, if your application and delivered documents will be accepted.

You are obliged to deliver all original documents to the office upon arriving in Poland.

After obtaining the certificate confirming admission you can apply for a student visa.


~Entry requirements for EU citizens~

If you are a citizen of an EU member state the only thing you need to have to enter Poland is a valid travel document or a document confirming identity and citizenship (i.e. your national ID). However, if you wish to travel abroad during your stay in Poland it is a good idea to have a passport with you, as it is necessary to visit some of Poland’s neighbours that don’t belong to the EU.

For a stay shorter than three months there are no formal requirements. Your studies will however take longer. For such a stay a registration of residence is necessary. You should register with Voivodship (Provincial) Office and get a Temporary Residence Card for maximum period of two years.


~Entry requirements for non-EU citzens~

The two main documents you will to enter Poland if are not a EU citizen are a valid travel document (passport) and a visa (if required).



As a general rule you need a visa to enter Poland. There are, however, a number of countries that are free of this requirement. You can check if your country is on the list here:

Poland is a part of the Schengen zone, so you can apply for a Polish visa and travel all around Europe (excluding the United Kingdom, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania and states outside of the EU).

There are several types of visas to choose from:

  • “A” type – an airport transit Schengen visa, so it cannot be used by a student coming to Poland
  • “C” type – a short-term Schengen visa allowing the holder to stay in the Schengen territory for up to 90 days in a six months period
  • “D” type – a long-term national visa issued for up to one year allowing travel around the Schengen area for three months in a half a year period. 

A visa can only be extended once.


5 easy steps to get a visa:

1) Find a Polish consulate that can process you application. You can use the MFA’s search engine

2) Read carefully ALL the information concerning visa application on the consulate’s website and follow ALL the instructions.

3) Set a visa appointment with the consulate. In most cases you will have to register through the website: 

4) Prepare the necessary documents, including: application form, travel document (passport), biometric photo, health insurance, documents confirming the purpose of your stay. The specifics of the required documentation may vary between consulates, so confirm them with the consulate’s website.

5) Submit all the documents including a printed and signed application form and the visa fee. 

Your visa application is complete. It will take up to 15 days for it to be reviewed. 


~Temporary Residence Card~

Who needs it?

Every foreign student needs it.

Students from the EU need it to legalise their stay after the first three formality-free months.

Non-EU students should apply for a Temporary Residence Card before their visa expires.

A Temporary Residence Card is an ID card that proves that you have a residence permit. Together with you travel document in also allows you to cross the Polish border as many times as you wish. It is issued for the period of your studies but no longer than two years. It can be extended.

REMEMBER: You should apply for the Temporary Residence Card when you are legally staying in Poland, which means after you arrive, but before the end of the three month period (EU students) or the expiration of your visa (non-EU students).



You have to apply for a Temporary Residence Card with the local Voivodship Office. You can find a complete list of offices here:

The documents you will need to legalise your stay include an application form (4 copies) and documents proving your identity and citizenship, address, purpose of stay and possession of sufficient funds. For detailed information check out the Voivodship Office’s website.


Pobierz plik (Application form for int students.doc)Application form for int students.doc130 Kb